Saturday, November 8, 2008

Project Master Bathroom

Our trailer is 13' 2.75" wide. On the inside. It's just shy of 14' on the outside. Interesting since it is suppose to be a 15' wide trailer. Oh well.
The master bathroom is 7' long. (Making it one of the bigger rooms - the girls bedroom is only 10' long). Of that 4' is taken up by the garden tub and strange counter top. It has a built in drop hole for putting potted planters into.
Almost 2 years ago, we did repaint the bathroom. And since we had planned to put up bathroom walls around the tub rather quickly - didn't "finish" the tub area. I guess we should have. I'm not finished with the walls. I plan to mix a dark brown and gold and print another stamper onto the walls.
I would really like to put up another mirror into the bathroom on the tub walls - but I'ld get excited over anything cheap. There really is not as much clutter here as it looks like. And with the bathroom being one of the bigger rooms in the house, I try to put all the meds and cleaning supplies in here.
The shelf in the middle has the kids extra bedding and towels. I guess it is the linen closet. The left sink is cracked, so we don't really use it. Personal items and first aide/medicines are on the top. Cleaning supplies underneath. There use to be mirrored sliding doors, but the slider part that holds the doors on the top has mostly come off. Tim stepped on one mirror 5 years ago when we were moving in. Kendra borrowed and stepped on the other one last month.

Once the walls are finished. I've got wire shelves and towel bars ready to install. Plus the trim is still migrating around the house. We have caulking to use also, though it is a bit runny.

The other side of the room has space enough that I installed a "closet" for Joel. The cupboard has mostly stuff for Tim and items that should not get wet. I store extra tissue above Joel's closet. And I took the shoe rack from the girls room for Joel's shoes and board books (which he reads while sitting). I keep thinking this space should be more usable - but just what is "safe" to put right next to a toilet?
The top of the shower needs some bathtub walls installed and it's molding/trim replaced also. It's 2.5' square. I would really like to combine the shower/tub somehow. And use the space better. But not sure how to do it without spending a lot of money.

It is wonderful to NOT have huge holes in the floor anymore. But now I have to decide what to put down on the floor to protect it (and us - I cut my toe on a something the other night - minor cut - but still).
I have 2 sets of tile already bought. I like the one on the left better, but even if I'm very careful cutting, I may be 4 tiles short of finishing the bathroom. The other set was bought for the hallway - but I do have 2 boxes of it. Hmmmm.... any opinions?
Well, that is what I am up against. Buying anything is not an option right now - especially with Tim not working - at least not for pay. He is doing volunteer work to keep his computer skills up to date as of last week.
If anyone has any inspiration, I'ld love to hear it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...