Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do I have to share?


Teaching kids to share can be a tough challenge. Normally, Joel is the most open hearted and giving little fellow - and sharing is not an issue.

But Saturday, his 3 rough cousins came over - the chilly ones from an earlier post.

Joel was most distressed and was soon moping about with his arms full... Dog and Dora (his sleeping buddies) and a couple of random toys off of the floor. Poor boy.

So I asked him if he wanted to share his toys.

"NO!"

So I suggest he put them on my bed and close the bedroom door.

And he was off and running.

I wish I had taken a second picture...of Dora and Dog each carefully shoved UNDER my bed.

He happily shared and played the rest of the afternoon without any problems.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I feel for the poor little guy. It's hard enough sharing your toys, but to have to share them and worry about them getting hurt is even worse. This picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I just read the comment you left on Any's Humble Musings... I hope things improve for you, I really do. Thought I would drop over.

    I think you did the right thing with your son and his toys. He doesn't have to share EVERYTHING. specially if he knows their is a good chance they will be broken or something. My son Sean is very good with his toys, and never breaks them. However, if some rough child came over to visit I would allow him to put his carefully made lego toys etc in my bed room too and closes the door!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...