Friday, November 7, 2008

Helping Hands

Two or three times a week, a friend and I get together with our 7 kids to work on joint school projects. She helps me clean and sort, and I keep up with the assignments and teaching. Works for us.

We are using Horizon Preschool (and I LOVE IT)

Most of the time I do the work with the little ones by myself, but since we have 2 boys that are 3 and our 5 year old has special needs - sometimes I need a few extra hands. And big sisters are there to help. Sometimes it is just helping them follow the instructions on a more complicated worksheet. Sometimes it is holding hands to teach new letters and numbers. Sometimes it is helping with cutting and glueing. But fun is had by all of them. And I think the big sisters are learning valuable teaching skills for when they have their own children. And personally, I think they enjoy the craft sessions more than the little ones!


Katie helps Joel


Vannan helps Matthew


Kendra helps Bethie
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...