Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hectic Week

No picture today - it's been a very busy week and dial-up is slow to upload. Next week looks to be even busier as my sister, her dh, and 11 children are coming for the week. Add Thanksgiving dinners into the mix - thank goodness I don't have to host them!

So this is just going to be a general Family News type post.

Tim has been spending the last few weeks at Missionary Tech Team volunteering his time while still job hunting. This at least gives him something to do and he's learning to do new things that will be useful to somebody. A bonus to me is that he is not online all day, so I'm beginning to make a dent in the 7 months of backlog in my email and marked web pages. But I'm not getting any more sleep than before.

This week we cleaned out the corner (mostly) that had become a catch all for clutter. We put the jacket closet in the girls room and they rearranged their room ... again. All of the craft stuff went up to my bedroom where the computer use to be - though I've still got to sort and arrange it. I did find the Christmas cards...now to find the addresses. I'm determined to get cards out this year ... since I missed the last two years already - I want everyone to see how well Joel writes his name at 3 1/2 - because next year it will be no big deal. My computer is still on the kitchen table - I'm waiting for a 25ft telephone cord and a special saw to cut some holes into some furniture. Most of that was done Monday and Tuesday. Karen took Vannan and Joel home with her since Tim was reffing a game.

Tuesday night we had an AWANA leader meeting . Karen took Vannan and Joel home with her since Tim was reffing a game, and Kendra stayed home with Papa. When I came home, did all of the paperwork that I normally do on Wednesday and ended up going to bed at 4AM. Wednesday was LONG. I don't remember much of it. We had special speakers at AWANA and did a small fellowship afterwards - it was fun. Karen took Joel home with her since he was very tired and we were still helping clean up.

Thursday - I stayed home ... sort of. I helped Rhoda start her own blog. 3 Grubs and a Blossom. And I had company in the afternoon which was great. I was suppose to get some work done in my bedroom too - but not much happened when I slept in until nearly 10AM (without Joel to wake up early - it was easy to do). Besides, the bed was warm and the house was COLD.

Of course you know I ended up with Vannan's bread on Thursday night, and attempted to help Karen on Friday.

Today has high hopes of getting things done. Tim is sleeping in today. 4 basket ball reffing nights and he's tired and sore.

The girls are next door getting hair cuts/trimms. I sent Joel to get his trimmed too. Then they are to help Rhoda with the boys room before coming home.

Maybe I'll have time to post later.

I've enjoyed the comments to some of the posts. It makes a nice "difference"to my routine!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your family. The pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...