Sunday, November 2, 2008

Holiday Blues

I've got a bad case of the Holiday Blues. In spite of the fact that I've got a lot of great family coming to visit that I haven't seen in a long time - in spite of trying to be cheerful and happy - in spite of loving my kids and enjoying them very much .... I just can't shake it.

Why?

Well, since you asked...

1. Tim has been out of work since March.

2. Once again I will be making presents or buying junk ... wait - can't even afford junk this year. Sorry folks, but anyone getting a present from us is stuck with the sad attempts that I make at "usable crafts".

3. I'm not crafty or talented. Stuff I can do, I've done over and over - and then find out that the crafty and talented people can run circles around my attempts.

4. I can't find my addresses to mail out cards - but not sure we can afford the stamps either.

5. My house is so crowded - where would I put a tree or any other decorations anyway.

6. What the kids really need, nobody can afford. I keep looking at their Amazon Wish Lists (especially since they added the Universal Button) and wondering if there is even room for any of it.

7. I would rather be giving without feeling like I'm killing the budget and putting the family further into a bind.

8. Shopping.... I'm not even going to look.

9. I wish I could afford some paint and repairs to the house - make the house brighter and happier looking. Maybe we should ask for paint and supplies, tile, the like, everyone could benefit from the house being more functional and less drafty. Everywhere needs to be caulked again.

10. Missing the baby I did not get to have for Easter. And the one I will not be having and holding for Thanksgiving either. How can little people I never even got to meet be missed so much?

Blessing:

1. 3 healthy kids (if you don't count Vannan's asthma)

2. Husband still around after 18 years.

3. At least one car runs.

4. We have our own house to live in.

5. I can homeschool my kids.

6. My kids love the Lord and have plans to serve him.

7. Salvation.

8. I'm 40 and I can still see.... (even if it's not enough to drive)

9. We still eat 3 meals a day. The kids have shoes and clothes to wear. They are not suffering in any way.

10. Wonderful family close by and only a phone call or an email away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...