Monday, January 12, 2009

AWANA make More I Spy Jars!

It was circle night - and I was totally unprepared and leaving home in 1 hour.
YIKES.

Then inspiration hit.

Quickly the girls and I prepared.

I hunted for 5 of items that were circle shaped (beads, eggs, foamies, and other items).
Vannan sorted and put them in baggies - trying on some things to get favorite colors and letters to their names.
Kendra filled the jars with sand and a spoonful of glitter.

And we were ready in time to leave.

That is my talent - being able to pull together a ton of fun for little ones including stories that apply to their lessons - all from the top of my head. I don't know if it's really a useful talent most of the time - but still - it took me 38 years to realize that it WAS in fact a talent that not many possesed.

I don't cook well, sew well, craft well, sing well, see well, or much of anything else well.

But I can teach! Especially if I've gotten enough sleep.



The kids LOVED it. We talked about colors and hunted each shape and dropped it into the jar. That was fun.



We talked about favorite colors.
We talked about God's love being like a circle and how much God loved us.
That was fun too.



And then I rubber cemented the lids onto the tops ... notice the yellow bowl still has beads in it?
We didn't.
That is Joel's!
So we rapidly UNTOPPED his to put them into the jar.

Seems he was putting them back into the bowl instead of into the jar!

Shianne marveled at the gold glitter. She could not figure out WHEN we had put that into the jar. She sure hadn't - and until it mixed in good, they really couldn't see the glitter.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...