Friday, May 1, 2009

Rope Burns

It's been a hard decade. I'm exhausted holding onto this frayed rope.



I won't even go into the details of it - one bright spot - we had Joel.

We thought we were getting to climb to a better location with Tim's new job - but our climb was short, and we find rope burns on our hands as we slide back down.

What happened?

Tim was denied security clearence at his new job ... now ex job. Because we have a bankruptcy on our records - remember I said it's been a terrible decade.



So after a year of no job, and 5 weeks with a job, here we are again. Tim did sign us up for insurance - so that will pay for tests and a few other things on this pregnancy, and hopefully Vannan a trip to the asthma doctor ... but still, add all the costs and it doesn't add up to what we paid for that insurance. It never does. .... But Tim now does qualify for unemployment again - that had just ran out when he got the job. But who wants to live forever on uneployment? There is still the absolute slimmest of chances that he can be placed elsewhere in the company (but probably in another state) or that the job will not fill and the longer investigation will clear him, but ...





So, we tighten our belts again. Somehow, I think the faster internet, new computer, and other luxuries like a weather proof house will remain pipe dreams. So this blog will remain a sub par and patchy thing. I do my best, but I wonder if anybody even looks at it most of the time. Not for the first time, I wonder if it is a waste of my time? If none of the family I do this for takes the time to look ... then why do it?



I better quit talking ... pray for us - because we sure do need it.

4 comments:

  1. Just found you on FaceBook, and followed the link to your blog. It's good to see you're still writing. I nearly named my blog "You Wouldn't Believe Me if I Told You." Through "A Series of Unbelievable Events," (hmm, good blog title) I find myself a home-schooling stay-at-home dad. For more of the story, see my blog: http://findmyaddress.blogspot.com/
    or send me a message on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is Elizabeth (Frey) Heironimus, and I am reading your blog. OK, I'm not the family you're writing it for, but I WILL pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proverbs 25:25 "Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."
    We keep busy around here, so do not respond often. We do read your blog and enjoy your pictures. So keep it up BIG SIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also praying for you! But what wonderful news about your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...