Friday, January 16, 2009

Keeping our Midwife Busy



This is Thalia - a wonderful friend and our "family" midwife.
So far she has delivered Joel for me, and Matthew and Esther for my best friend Karen.
My mom was able to assist with all 3 of these births.




She also delivered 3 of Rhoda's babies - Alex, Avery, and Valarie was not yet born.

These pictures were taken at a party given to celebrate her years as a midwife - I don't remember if it was 20 or 25. But there sure were a lot of kids running around!



She has also delivered my other local sister's older daughter, Shianne. But was not able to get to Miya's birth. She has a very qualified staff though who filled in as well as if she had been there in person.

I think midwives are great!
---------------------------------------------------
Thalia noticed that the google ad has a link to a site to promote hospital births. I DO NOT agree with the link - but cannot figure out how to block it right now.
So let the record state that I am VERY pro home birth. I would rather have 100 home births than ever again be subjected to the indignity and horrors of another hospital birth.
Here are some links that you might want to check out if you do think hospital births are safe.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...