Thursday, January 1, 2009

Scary Storm

Around NOON, Dec. 27 - a huge storm blew in - there were threats of tornados - but I don't know if any were actually spotted.
I was sitting at my desk which looks out to the 11 feet of walkway between my trailer and my parents. The plan is to join the two trailers with laundry room, and play areas for the kids and maybe some storage area.

So far, time, money, and weather has conspired against us even starting this project, which also includes roofing this trailer.


On this day, the weather blew in FAST. Within 15 minutes we went from sunny and clear to dark and POURING rain.
I heard a cracking noise and looked up in time to see the antenea (which my parents had been inteding to take down anyway) swinging downward and toward my window.

Fortunately, my dad had it braced in more than one spot.



So one of the braces held it in place on the roof of their house - and the wind was only able to shift it a few more inches toward the edge of their roof.



So there it hung - pointed right at our window for the rest of the storm. I did run next door and ask my dad about it, and was completely soaked in the process. I don't think I could have gotten any more wet standing in a shower! And it was COLD.



Some time during the afternoon, my Dad, Terry, and Tim eased it off of the roof and down to the ground - where it sits between our trailers.

We were very thankful that God was watching out for us and no damage was caused by this small, but scary fall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...