Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reasons for a Family Blog Article

I found this article on the web - it pretty much sums up the reasons I like blogging. Plus it is cheaper and I don't feel like I am cramming the family down anyone's neck - if you want to keep up with us - WELCOME - but if our lives bore you to death - you don't get reminded of it.

I actually DID get cards mailed this year. Thank goodness for all the help the girls gave or they wouldn't have gotten out even then. But no picture and almost no letter.



=========================================================================

"So you got the family picture taken, found the perfect cards, typed up the highlights from this year, addressed envelopes, put the stamps on and finally mailed the annual family Christmas letter! Whew! Do you ever think, 'I wish there were an easy way to keep our friends and family up to date on what's going on with us all year long'?For us, the answer was to create a family blog!

Here are eight reasons I have a family blog:1. It keeps family who live far away up to date on our lives. We live in Pennsylvania, but my family lives in Texas and my husband's family lives in North Carolina. On the blog everyone can keep up.

2. It keeps a record of our family milestones. From first steps to Halloween costumes, we take a ton of pictures to share. Way more pictures make it on the blog than would make it into the scrapbooks!

3. It keeps us humble! Nothing like sharing your most embarrassing moments with the world wide web. Like my great Thanksgiving craft idea that left the boys in tears!

4. It helps me organize my time. If I write, 'Check back tomorrow for ideas on learning the letter B,' I better post ideas tomorrow.

5. Knowing that the pictures I take will end up on the blog helps motivate me to keep the house clean. For example, if we're baking cookies, I don't want last night's dishes in the background.

6. I can enter all kinds of giveaways by posting links back to my blog.

7. We show preschool activities and projects we do that may help someone else.

8. It's easier than sending a letter and even emails. Once you get the hang of it, it takes less than ten minutes to download pictures and write a couple paragraphs!

Remember when starting your family blog that unless you make it private, anyone can see it. You may want to set up safe-guards for your family (like not using full names, not mentioning exactly where you live, etc.).Having a family blog is a fun way to connect to friends and family, and may be easier than sending out the annual Chr"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...