Friday, January 9, 2009

Tinker Toys





Last Saturday, I pulled down the Tinker Toys for Joel. His sister's were trying to show him all the neat things that he could make - he had other ideas...
He has made numerous "umbrella's" because it is "wainin" and he sings "Wain, Wain, doe uway, dum adin unuder day." And "Waindops deep balling on my ead." It is FUNNY.

He has also made swords for sword fights, hammers and "fixed" the house, and many objects that I never quite figured out, but HE was QUITE PROUD of making!

Ahhh... the imagination of a 3 year old.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, 10:20 PM, and I think I just heard Tim drive into the driveway and a door slam. He's finally home from reffing basketball.

The temperature is 66 outside and 84% humidity, but there is a biting cold in the breeze. By morning it is suppose to be COLD with a high of 45 or so for the day.

It is 78 inside and 53% humidity - not too bad if you aren't moving around much - but I DON'T want to turn on the AC because I know we'll be heating it up soon enough.

We've had a rough week of school, and my blog has been terribly neglected.

I would like to post things that the 3 of them do in school and what goals they accomplish during the week each week, but I don't know if this VERY SLOW computer and Dial-up connection will be able to keep up with my plans.

Oh well, this is how we live and how we cope - and I hope people understand, assuming I have any readers anyway.

Vannan did almost everything she was assigned this week - and considering the number of interuptions - that's really good. Of course, I haven't graded any of the work - I've really got to get some reading glasses! I'm falling far behind.

Kendra made some good progress, but overall is still loosing ground. She has had too much fun playing, building Tinker Toys, reading books too close to her desk, and in general getting sidetracked.

Joel has loved being back in school. We did K and L. Not that I ever feel I'm teaching him much of anything. But it is fun watching his enthusiasm for the work anyway. We also talked about grass and plants today for Science and Social Studies. The book suggested we visit a nursery - but we didn't. Vannan took them on a walk and pointed out plants around here instead. We worked on their mural also. I've got to come up with someplace to hang it and display it. Maybe I'll put it in the church nursery for a while.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...