Friday, March 4, 2011

Update as of 5:30pm .. 3-4

I just got back from the hospital.  Tim chose to do the stints and they were done shortly after I arrived.

For the next 6 hours - or until around midnight - he is in very critical condition because of the stint's and the anti-clogging drug combo, they said even moving a tiny bit can cause him to bleed to death in under 8 minutes.

He had 3 blocked arteries, they shunted the one going around the back going in from one side, and shunted one of the front blocked ones from going in on the other side - so both legs/groins were involved.  The 3rd one is not open enough to shunt and has been blocked for a very long time - all of them have been bad for a while.

It is actually a miracle that he didn't drop dead reffing basketball this fall, or that he even survived this one at all.

He is very bad off, and it will probably be weeks (6 - 8 BEST case) before he can resume normal activity.  He will probably be in rehab for a little while.  But really, he is in such a state of flux - it could be months before he is back to normal activity, and death is a real possibility.  He is on a medication now that if he forgets to take even a single dose, he could die.  That is scary.  This whole thing is so scary.

Right now, there are very few answers.  They don't like putting shunts in somebody so young.

Some major questions ...

Who drives?
Who buys groceries?
Where are the bills?
Who do the bills go to?
What about taxes?
How do we get any income?
How are we going to afford the new diet / meds that Tim has to be on?

No matter what, we are looking at big changes.

I don't drive - I'm nearly blind - legally, I suppose I am blind.  I can't read print anymore - though with a good pair of reading classes - prescription only - I should be able to read again.  Tim does all the shopping.  Tim brings home paychecks and I homeschool our 4 kids and take care of 2 homes and my niece.  After 3 years of unemployment - our finances are in shambles.  Tim has worked hard to keep us in food and clothes and the things we needed.  In return, I've made every penny stretch farther than any penny had a right to go.  We do without a lot.  GOD ALWAYS PROVIDED what we needed.  Tim is currently working at a job to help businesses provide insurance to their workers - and he gets paid via commission only.

This is the world I'm now finding myself in.  Tim has always planned to get around to making sure we are provided for ... we have had a wonderful 20 years of marriage.  But when the unthinkable happens - what next?  Kendra wants me to try to publish one of my books.  I love to write.

So much going through my head.  My brain is feeling so numb.  Our 4th major problem in 3 years.   Those who follow my blog have been along with us on most of this.

So many others out there are hurting this badly too - even in my own extended family.  I'm thankful that Tim is still alive and in very good humor -

After Tim was in the room and we were all getting told what just happened and what next talk, whenever anyone told a joke, Tim would try to give the punch line.

What happens next?  Prayers, tons of prayers.

And both Tim and I need to work on our health.  I need to loose a lot of weight.  I don't want my children to be orphans.  O Lord, please help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...