Thursday, March 10, 2011

Homeschool Skedtrack - Online Lesson Planner, Scheduler, and Tracker

Homeschool Skedtrack - Online Lesson Planner, Scheduler, and Tracker


I don't quite remember where I ran across this online program almost 3 weeks ago - but it has been an interesting tool.

I took the time to put several months of school goals from my computer files into their online forms.

Entering information was quite simple once I got it figured out - and that wasn't all that hard. Some things seem overly complicated with the program - such as having to go to 3 different locations to say a child did the work - vs. entering the work - vs. changing information about the work. Still, once you get use to it, it isn't so hard.

I like that the girls can easily use it also - although we thought they could sign in with their own password, and so far have not been able to do that. It appears as if when Kendra uses it at one computer, and I use it at another - they will knock each other off the program, so we are constantly signing ourselves back into the computer.

It is VERY easy to make up a class for one child and then copy it to another child - and almost as easy to copy part of a course to another child. Both Kendra and Vannan has some matching science - but not everything - so I was able to easily transfer the part I needed to send to Vannan from Kendra's file. They have a few matching classes - like their memory work, Polished Cornerstones, History, Texas State History, and US. Geography, so it was very nice to only have to enter the information once.

One thing I don't like, is that I cannot figure out how to view what it is that I am approving that the children did. But to make any further changes - dates or comments even on another child - I have to approve all work completed on all of them.

The program is FREE. Big bonus there. And it is still in BETA testing, so sometimes a bug shows up. So if people start to use the share the program, it is bound to work out the rough spots.

I do think it is worth checking out. The girls are beginning to see where they are spending too much or not enough time. We are adapting to using the program more diligently and consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...