Monday, August 17, 2009

Madness, Mayhem, and a Missing Munchkin

Today was one of those days you just can't wait to end - things go wrong from the get go to the very end.

To start it off - I had a rough weekend, too much to do and Kendra left for a Daddy date (for her Lunar Mini-golf date that was inturrupted last year by her surprise birthday party) and then went shopping with her Grandma and stayed the night ... so we were shorthanded. And boy did I feel it by the end of the day. I had hoped to find the kitchen table over the weekend, and I did make some progress, but not what I had hoped for on Friday.

Then Dad got stung by a red wasp - and I had the weirdest wasp creatures from Mars dreams. I think I read too much Science Fiction. Although I've read very little over the last 2 years. Dad's ok - Tea Tree and Lavender oil works very well.

Then Tim wasn't feeling well last night and I just couldn't get comfortable. I had a lot on my mind. And it took so long for the house to get less muggy.

So I woke up tired and grouchy.

Oh - did I mention that Dad was dog sitting for a friend - a miniture Sheltie named Munchkin.

So, we had a hectic morning because I was out of sorts - the house was a mess - and we were running very late. Marriana spilled her breakfast yogurt all down her shirt, so when Vannan was trying to convince her to go back next door for clean clothes ... Munchkin had had enough waiting for someone to walk him - and took himself for a walk. Vannan quickly forgot, but then Munckin had been loose most of the weekend and had done just fine...

I went out with the kids about 15 minutes later. Rhoda's boys were in and out of their house. But nobody except Vannan knew Munchkin was out. Then a big truck slowed down and pulled next to our mailbox/driveway ... not sure because it is pretty far away. Then off they went again. We have country mail - and sometimes the mailman does drive their own car instead of the county truck (a little red thing). But when I sent Kendra to the mailbox .... no mail. Strange....

About 30 minutes later we were happily working on school when Pooh made a puddle and in getting her outside, Vannan said she couldn't get Munchkin to come inside. After playing 45 questions - I realized we had a pretty big problem on our hands ... and it's barely past 10am. The girls told Rhoda (who was in charge of the dog) and went searching. No luck.

I woke up Tim and up and down the road they went. No luck. This was actually good news - no dead dog was found. He was simply GONE. Then I remembered the truck ... and sent Kendra to check the mail ... we had some, so the truck was NOT the mailtruck. We called my Dad, and he knew where the truck lived.

So Rhoda left us with Valarie and set out with the boys to knock on doors. No luck. We were getting frantic. This is a registered breed dog - and we were keeping him for Ruth who was keeping him for his owners who are out of town.

They returned with no luck, but 3 very hyper boys. Total Mayhem decended.

The girls helped find and feed them some lunch. I put them all down for naps - fairly quickly too. Marriana was coming apart at the seems from her messed up day and I'm sure she could feel I was at loose ends too. Rhoda worked on bills and such in the office. I made up a sign - LOST DOG - and she printed it, and posted it several places on the road. The boys woke up, and I had the girls help fix everybody snacks.

She had errands to run, so we helped her load the kids. The house was quiet. Tim had left quite a while before.

Then Rhoda called - seemed that truck had picked up the dog. They saw the sign and were bringing him home. Our prayers were answered. Dog home and in one piece. WHEW. It was now after 5pm.

We did get a little schoolwork done - and Vannan worked hard on Papa's house and laundry and kitchen. Kendra made spaghetti and folded our laundry ... and forgot to make lunch for tomorrow. She's still working on that. Joel is listening to bedtime stories. And once I post this - I'm headed to bed.

After watching me most of the day, Tim made an executive decision that my plate was way more than full. I can't handle more. This is NOT the first time I've barely made it to the end of the day, exhausted and frazzled. And Awana hasn't started up yet. He wants us to sit out this year - get use to things - me get sleep, especially with the new baby coming. I was relieved to hear him say that. I've been feeling like a giant bubble of bubble gum - any more air and I'll pop. My constant prayer some days is "Just get me through the next 5 minutes, please Lord."

So now I'll retreat from the world of madness and hope it doesn't follow me into my dreams ... for at least one night. Anybody else have weird nightmarish dreams while pregnant? I've had some doozies. .... Except with Joel. I don't remember having anything but funny dreams with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...