Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sunday Church Puppet show


First, all of the younger children sang Away In the Manger. Joel had just been woken from a "nap". He had crawled into my lap and instantly fallen asleep while waiting for everything to get started.

Your kids would never do something like that...would they?


So here we have 3 loan cattle men, trying to get home in time for Christmas - but the pass is closed. So "Grits" the old cook tells them a story.


There was a little family out on the prarie. Their dad was out hunting and the church social was tomorrow night. But they couldn't go to the social without their dad!

See Lizzy over there to the left - that is Kendra! I think she did a pretty good job, one of the few puppets that didn't have a "mouth" problem or a "sinking" problem.


The dad finally returns home with an incredible story about being lost on the mountain and an angel leading him out into his own valley. They didn't get to go to the social - but it was a great Christmas because their dad had come home.

Turned out that the little boy in the story with a new skunk skin hat ... was Grits!

It was funny and well done.

My favorite part was Lizzy falling into the popcorn balls.

I had hoped to get better pictures - but the batteries were fading and the ones I keep extra had been removed from my purse! Seems a little boy's toy needed new batteries.

I've got to find and recharge my rechargables.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...