Monday, December 15, 2008

Giving To Others

At this time of year when "Getting" seems to be more important to many than the "Giving" - here are a few places to share God's love.



World Vision:

Here you can sponser a child or give a gift to a whole family or villiage - Kendra has her eye on a goat, some chickens, Bibles, and some soccor balls to give. Vannan marked a bicycle in the catalog.

http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10390



Compassion:

We sponser 2 young ladies through Compassion. Each one shares a birthday (not the year) with our girls, one in India and one in Ethiopia. It has been a great souce of joy to our whole family to watch these two girls grow up.

http://www.compassion.com/default_a.htm



We also give our time at our church and my sister's church. At our church, we work in the nursery, help with the children programs, and the girls are part of the morning snack rotation. At my sister's church we participate in AWANA.



There are so many ways to give.



The Bible says,


Mat 25:31 But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His glory.
Mat 25:32 And all nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.
Mat 25:33 And indeed He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats off the left.
Mat 25:34 Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
Mat 25:36 I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.
Mat 25:37 Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, and fed You? Or thirsty, and gave You drink?
Mat 25:38 When did we see You a stranger, and took You in? Or naked, and clothed You?
Mat 25:39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came to You?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.
Mat 25:41 Then He also shall say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink; Mat 25:43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not visit me.
Mat 25:44 Then they will also answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to You?
Mat 25:45 Then He shall answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.



Where do you give to the least of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...