Friday, December 19, 2008

Really Tired - Family Update

It's been a long week - and I'm nowhere close to ready for Christmas.

We did get almost all of the Christmas cards 0ut - only 2 to go, one I plan to put with a present and hand deliver, and the other goes to an Aunt and Uncle that I cannot find an address for - and I just discovered that some of my mail has not been coming through my email account. Might be why I'm feeling so lonely and my box so empty.

Tim is still reffing basketball - which will keep us going until mid February. They are giving him all the odd hours and out of the way places. Normally this is the extra income that we use to buy a few extras and a few Christmas presents - but this year it is mostly buying basic groceries and paying the utilities. He's also doing volunteer programing for a mission organization here in town.

I'm trying to keep sane and awake. Planning Christmas and trying to keep up with grading and planning the next school semester. This has been complicated by the fact that I'm strugging to read anything close up - so I can't see far away - and I can't see close up either. Computers are easier for me, maybe it's the light behind the words? And outside is better. But I can't haul all the grading outside in the wind and wet weather. Today is really nice, 75 outside, but 2 days ago it didn't get up to 40.

Kendra is still working on finishing up her fall semester. She gets side tracked easily. She has gotten a few orders for her knitting projects. I had hoped that she would finish up her semester early in November and have lots of time to make and sell items...but she keeps falling into books - much worse than I ever did - and I was BAD.

Vannan still has one school goal - she is suppose to plan a project and count the cost - the project is to fix up their room to suit their own taste. It is possible that we may be able to do a little of it -especially if they can agree on anything. But mostly it is an exercise in planning and counting the cost of a project. Vannan has done a lot of the Christmas projects by herself, and seems to be having a lot of fun.

Joel has been quite sick the last week or so - first with a tummy bug - and now a very bad cold. All of his cousins and both sisters have been down with it too. Now I've got it - but still have been spending the last 3 nights sitting up and rocking him most of the night. This morning he finally appeared to be feeling better after a long feverish night. Otherwise he has had a lot of fun helping with the Christmas cards and making presents. He loves decorating the tree - and has been very gentle with even the breakable ornaments. I have to get a picture of our tree up on the blog.

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...