Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Appendix - It's gotta come out.

It has been quite a while since I did an update ... I say that a lot, don't I.

I tried hard to keep up with the blog for the number one reason to keep my Grandmother in constant pictures and news.  She was turning 90 on June 16.  But a few days before her birthday, she had a stroke and quickly went home to her Savior and so many loved ones who were waiting for her in heaven.  ....   And since then the blog just hasn't seemed so important.   ....  But I know that many other family members do rely on my blog for family news, so I will resume the effort.

I am actually considering starting a second blog as well - anonymous with very few family pictures and no names.  And a lot more public.  Maybe I can turn it into a small income.

My dad had a hernia surgery back in June.  And now he is feeling so much better.
He also "snuck" off and eloped on July 15.  So now he's a happily married man again.  He's left the Eagle Nest for the Cow Trail.

Marriana has moved to Ruth's house.  Mostly because of the stress that I have been under this spring.  In theory, she might get to see her parents more this way as well.  She seems to be adjusting well, and gets along well with Ruth's older girls.

LaRue continues to grow like a ... well, she's not a weed ... how about a tomato or squash - those plants also grow very fast.  Today, she scared me with a small nose bleed.  She is very clingy and doesn't handle noise or change (schedule or house furniture or anything) very well, and we've had a lot of change and noise!  Her favorite things are her Little People toys, dolls, and books.  And her sentences are getting quite understandable.

Joel is 6 now.  He finally had a birthday party on July 9.  His theme was "Angry Birds".  It was super easy to  pull of and decorate and find games.  I'll post the party later.  Very soon, he'll be starting in his new First Grade books.  He is super excited.  And you should hear him read!  It floors me how well he reads!

Vannan is volunteering at the horse therapy place that Bethie goes to on Thursdays.  The horses are having a summer vacation.  But Vannan and Katie go on Tuesdays to help out with cleaning and repair jobs.  She still takes her violin lessons, but I've arranged a 5 week vacation for her.  She has been getting up at 6am to get a jump on school work and morning indoor chores.  She enjoys the early morning alone time.  And she turned 14 a few weeks ago!

Kendra is still working on editing her book.

I'm tired.  Very tired.  But sleeping better at night now that my kids are all in my house.  I slept fine while Dad was in the house next door - but with him gone and married, I wanted the kids back with me.   Our school room is at Dad's house though.  Still a lot of arranging and paperwork to do before I can feel ready for school to start.

Which brings us the the BIG news today.

Tim.

Well, He did a stress test a couple of weeks ago.  Everything is looking really good, but there are still a few "outstanding" tests that we are awaiting results.

Then about 6 days ago, Tim said he wasn't feeling well.  Tired.  The heat was unbearable, and he was out in the heat of the day.  Friday, we ran errands - eye doctor to get me fitting for new glasses (a birthday present!), then over the the library real quick to pick up a book and drop some books, then Tim was hungry so we went to Ryans.  THEN we went to Target to pick up meds that he was almost out of, and I got to do a tiny bit of shopping.  Then we picked up a mattress for the girls bed (we had 2 and needed a 3rd twin sized one.)  And we came home.  Tim went straight to bed.  From what I gathered, I was figuring he needed to drink and sleep and that he was constipated.
He didn't come to my Dad's wedding reception on Saturday night, but he didn't look all that bad, just said he was tired and felt he had eaten something he shouldn't at Ryans.
Sunday, he pushed himself to go to the Volleyball meeting so he can reff volleyball this fall.
Sunday night, he began to feel sicker, slept, and then began throwing up and diarrhea.  He finally seemed to be better, but tired.  Though he wasn't eating much on Monday.  Monday night I woke him up and he seemed rather out of it.  I almost called an ambulance.  But I checked back later and he seemed much improved, asked for meds.  He went back to sleep.  I called his mom to take him to the doctor in the morning.
In the middle of the night I came to bed, found there was no water (main pump on the street's well must have been out) and Tim was back in the bathroom.  The toilet wouldn't flush, so I went outside to find rain water - was successful and got the toilet at least half flushed.  (what a time for Joel to remember he was suppose to drain the tub!)
When I woke up, I called Tim's mom, she came right up.  Tim didn't feel like getting up, but he did, took  a shower, and took his meds.  And we decided to take him to the ER instead, (I handed her my Kindle in case there was a long stay - and she says it has been great to have along).  Where he was immediately put on IV's as fast as they could, his blood pressure was dangerously low.   Later, once he was stablized, they  did a CAT scan.  And decided he needed his appendix out ASAP!   ....  Except for a couple of complications.  First, they usually don't do a surgery unless the patient has been off of blood thinners for 24 hours.  Tim had taken his just a few hours before.  And second, his kidneys were not in good shape.

Tim's phone accidently called - I called back.  He was pushing the 8 or so hours since he took his meds mark.  They hadn't taken him out to surgery yet.  This is a tricky one - waiting to give his body time to recoup from dehydration and meds to leave his system ... vs the need to get that appendix out.

Worst case, this could be a long complicated hospital stay with several more operations or .... I don't want to think about it.  Best case, they'll go in, get the appendix before it ruptures, and he'll be home in a few days and feeling much better.

Please pray for Tim's health.  The stress of the last 10 years and trying to find a long term job that will support his family has really taken it's toll.  Plus the added stress of the last 3 years ... those who know us well, know what I'm talking about.  I know I'm feeling it too.  The stress.  How do people who do not trust God to work in their lives cope?  Just keep Tim in your prayers.  We have been without any kind of insurance (except for cars) for about 3 years now, so our needs are very high - not just for medical bills.  God said to bring our needs to Him.  So please help me pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...