Saturday, May 9, 2009

Prayer Request - My Mom Went to the Hospital

My dad called me early this afternoon - not sure exactly, around 1pm. My mom was passed out and he wanted me to give an opinion of what to do - what I thought. I listened and decided I had better just go over (they are RIGHT next door). I didn't like what I saw - and confirmed what I was thinking, we needed to get her to the ER. She was still passed out - color was bad, breathing in gasps ... and feverish. She had been sick most of the morning. Dad thought a stomach bug. And sleeping most of the morning. ..... She wears herself out trying to help everybody and doing it perfectly. It worries me, I think I'm the only one who really knows how hard she pushes herself and often the only one aware of her being sick - other than Dad, who is almost as bad.

She did somewhat come to - and if she was going to go to the hospital wanted to be dressed. And she walked somehow to the livingroom, sat in her chair, and was somewhat gone again.

Anyway, I called 911 and took the paramedics to the house. They started to ask questions, she was semi-coherent and slurring her words. Whether that means a more serious problem or just she was still very out of it, I can't say - so far there has been no update from my dad. I left after just a minute. Dad said her blood pressure was higher than her normal just before they left.

They took her to one of the bigger hospitals, rather than to our country one up the road.

Now we wait and see.

Please keep us, especially my parents, in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...