Tuesday, August 21, 2012

May 16 - 20 ... Blocks and Leggings and Giant Spider Webs

 
This is and remains one of Rue's favorite toys.
 
 
Rescued - a baby bunny from a cat.
It was a little hurt.
She doctored it for a few days, then hiked over in the direction the cat
had come from ... and let it go.
 
Rue has a developed sense of fashion.
Don't you think?
 
I have the BEST MIL ever.
Our knife holder became buggy and moldy.
So I put the knives into a drawer ...
only, the drawer was really tiny,
and people were getting tiny
cuts.
 
Then I saw something on a blog,
and the wheels turned over,
and I told my MIL
"I need a tool box or tackle box for my knives."
 
And a few days later,
I had a box!
 
And we LOVE IT!!!!
 
It was perfect.
 
All of the knives fit -
and we can see them so much better.
 
 
Can you believe that the knives WERE in this drawer too?
 
2012-05-17\IMG_7536.JPG
 
Precious.
I love this picture.
 
2012-05-17\IMG_7546.JPG
 
I love leggings and baby legs ...
the morning was quite cool,
but I knew the afternoon would warm up a lot.
 
I have LOVED having these with Rue.
And my Aunt brought her several new pair,
so I can't wait for the fall,
to see them on her!
 
2012-05-17\IMG_7548.JPG
 
She loves them too!
 
2012-05-17\IMG_7550.JPG
 
AND
at night,
I can slip these on with her short PJs
if the night becomes cooler than expected.
 
Without waking her up.
 
2012-05-17\IMG_7552.JPG
 
Traded leggings
for cute shoes.
 
Girly LOVES her shoes!
 
2012-05-18\IMG_7557.JPG
 
Sitting on the arm of the couch
asleep
watching TV.
 
 
2012-05-18\IMG_7560.JPG
 
 
She LOVES
 
sparkly and fun and silky and velvety
 
So she is always wearing Joel's super hero cape
 
the wrong way!
 
 
2012-05-18\IMG_7567.JPG
 
She also has a thing for hats.
But not as much as Vannan.
This one lasted 2 or 3 days,
and has never hit her head again.
 
2012-05-18\IMG_7570.JPG
 
2012-05-20\IMG_7573.JPG
 
This kids has so much personality.
 
Reading a book.
 
I always loved this story as a kid,
 
anybody recognize the book?
 
It is a big favorite at our house.
 
Rue has gotten Daddy to read books to them almost every night too.
 
2012-05-20\IMG_7586.JPG
 
2012-05-20\IMG_7589.JPG
 
2012-05-20\IMG_7592.JPG
 
Our bathroom looks out into a tiny side yard area
and our neighbors fence.
 
One night,
I looked out and saw this ..
 
The spider web is every bit of a 5 ft diameter and larger.
It reached higher than my head,
and down to about my ankles,
and I'm over 5ft.
 
And the trees were full of other large webs as well.
 
Joel was fascinated.
I made sure if it.
Because I woke him up out of bed to take him out to see it!
 
 
 
And I was glad that I did ...
 
Because it was gone the next morning.
 
 
IF you noticed that the girls were missing ...
they were in LA - down in swamp country.
visiting a cousin and lots of aunts and uncles.
Papa and Meme took them.
 
They had a splendid 4 day vacation,
and had a ton of fun.
 
They are STILL talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...