Wednesday, April 22, 2009

16 Week Checkup

Yesterday, I had an appointment with our midwife. I don't drive, so a friend took Joel and me to the appointment.

I don't know why I get so worried about check-ups, but I do much prefer the midwife over a doctor any day. Joel was so good and sat quietly while we hunted for a heartbeat - 150 bpm. She had to chase the baby because it would kick the doppler and wiggle away. OF course I was all grins. So the baby sounds healthy and active.

Next up was to check my blood pressure, which was 160/90 at the 12 weeks .... amazingly it is down to 123/62. I guess sitting in the sun does help! Also I've been eating a very careful diet, NO dairy, NO sugar, and mostly meats and veggies - very limited breads, potatoes, or rice. I guess it's working!

Everything looked fine - back in 4 weeks.

I do need to get my 12 week blood work done STILL! Yikes. We are hoping to get on Medicaid - it won't pay for the baby, but it will pay for these required tests.

We're also hoping to have a sonogram after the 20 week checkup - there is a big question on when the due date should actually be ... Hmmm....

I suppose if I were younger and less .... rotund? ..... I would now put in a nice 16 week preganancy picture .... but just sufice it to say, I'm noticing my tummy a LOT these days as I bump into kids and cabinets, and find formally tight fits to be blockades. Getting into the girls room is getting to be a chore -- have to get pass the laundry room!

On the plus side - I've had more energy this week and been able to handle more housework. The girls are happy about that! BUT I'm still finding cooking to be a hurdle as my stomach turns at the least expected moments. I'm very glad that both of the girls are great cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...