Thursday, October 30, 2008

Preschool Number Clouds

Joel, Matthew, and Bethie are doing Horizon Preschool together this year - guess who is their teacher?

Well, since I've been teaching preschool children for 25 years now - I got elected. I tried to get my sisters to send their children too - .....

Anyway, we are studying the days of creation - and talking about all the great things about AIR and WATER. Today's topic was clouds (though since it is a 5 day a week curriculum and we only can get together 2 days a week, we try to push 3 - 4 lessons a week at least). I decided to combine their math lesson, writing lesson, and art cloud project. So we made number clouds with glue and cotton balls. They loved it.

First we called the big sister brigade (I should get a picture next time). Katie helps Joel, Vannan takes Matthew, and Kendra helps Bethie. I then wrote the numbers really big on the blue paper - gave each of the big girls some cotton balls to tear into little bits of fluff - and traced each number with Elmer's school glue.

They had such a blast forming each of the numbers with their cotton. Matthew said, "This glue is a little bit sticky, Aunt Rachel." And we all cracked up.

What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...