Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fixing the vacuum

It is amazing to me to watch...

"Turn that off!" I yelled, over the squeal and motor of the vacuum. Ugh.. what a smell.

"Huh?"

"You're burning rubber. Can't you smell it?"

"Uh, oh, is that what I smell?"

Shaking head in dismay... "Yes, the belt is burning. Probably has hair or something stuck in it."

"Oh?"

"Yes, it will have to be cleaned. I'll do it tomorrow when there is light and I can see."

Fifteen minutes later I look downstairs and see my new vacuum in pieces all over the floor around Kendra.

"Um.... uh.... what are you doing?"

"Oh, you were right! There is a ton of hair around this thing!"

"You do remember how to put it back together?" Mom is really worried here.

"Yeah, I DID read the directions when we got it you know."

"You did?" (That was like, Christmas time? wasn't it?)

Ok, so we have at least one talented person in the family. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...