Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Short Update 5 - 25

Sorry there hasn't been much news from our corner of the world.  I know many of my relatives look forward to each and every post, and I feel terrible about not getting to the blog as much as I would like to - I have tons of pictures and stories to post.

They say, "No news is good news."

Well, nobody has died.  Our houses are still standing.  Nobody is in the hospital.

No outright bad news to report.

Only heat and humidity and storms ... I feel so guilty praying that they will miss us.  I don't want anyone else to be hit by them either.

I could claim that I'm too busy ... but that isn't quite true.  Though my (me, Kendra, and Vannan) to do list grows daily, and we really do work on it.  But each day we manage to add more than we remove.  ....  We feel busy in the sense of playing "whack a mole" ... nothing really feels productive - although we work hard at it.

Our schedule is out of control.  Tempers are short.  Everyone is beyond tired.  Nerves are frayed.  Money is tight and getting tighter.  Noses are runny, eyes are burning, heads hurt ... allergies abound.

Not the kind of stuff you want to hear, nor that I want to blog about.  I'm sure to offend somebody.   We are human ... and we are weary.  Only through the grace and mercy of God do I (we) manage to get to the end of each day.  Even Elijah reached a point where he became discouraged ... 1 Kings 19.

So sometime today, I'll finish reading this article ... which seems to be a good one at first skim...
 http://bible.org/seriespage/crisis-elijah-1-kings-194-14

and then I'll go back to reading the 31 days Martha House with a Mary Heart.  The refrigerators got cleaned yesterday. ... What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...