Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Missionary Trip News

A note from my uncle on a summer mission trip that they will be making in a few weeks.  This will be Uncle Tommy's first trip, and I think Aunt Cindy's third trip.



Prayer partners for Latvia mission trip

by Tommy D  on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 8:07pm
I have been asked, as part of our mission trip to Latvia to ask 3 people to commit to pray for me while we are on our trip and leading up to it as well.
We will be leaving on June 4th and returning on June 11th. Each June, a team from our church goes to Latvia to live and work in an orphanage for the duration of the trip. During the trip, we teach bible school and do crafts and sports activities with the children. When time and funds allow, some of the funds we raise is used to take the kids on small field trips they would normally not have the opportunity to go on. As I thought of who I might ask, I decided to send this out to a larger number of friends, family and work associates. Many of whom I would not normally ask to participate in an exercise of this sort. I came to the conclusion, that to pray for someone to be able to do God’s work is a real blessing in itself so, by not asking someone, I would be robbing them of an opportunity to be blessed. If this post offends your beliefs or non-beliefs, delete it, forget it, no harm done.
If you would be willing to commit to this I would sincerely appreciate it and I know from my own experiences you will be blessed by it.

Also, as bad as I dislike this part, we are trying to raise our part of the funds to finish paying for the trip so if you feel led of God to contribute to my costs or any of the others going on the trip it will be appreciated. If you need more information on this feel free to contact me via email.
Blessings  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...