Saturday, November 27, 2010

Santa / Wish List Update

According to what "Santa" has whispered to me ... I've edited the kids lists, because folks are asking.

Yes, My big girls READ the blog ... so


I hope the girls have enough self control to NOT click through for hints.  They are usually pretty good - AND not everything is ON their lists that has been whispered.  And they still won't know what form the crossed off items will arrive as .... or from whom, or when,  You both have a birthday sooner or later .... Can you believe Kendra is almost 16?

So  Kendra and Vannan ... DO NOT read this.  Ok?  You'll find out in 4 weeks.


so  ....  If you are one of the ones still asking .... check here first.  


http://weshallmountupwithwings.blogspot.com/2010/10/dear-santa-er-wish-lists.html

And remember - we are perfectly fine with hand me downs, garage sale finds, and home made.   You just might have some jeans that would fit Kendra that you can't wear, or some old flannel gowns ... or books about animals for Vannan or size 8AA shoes for church ... or maybe you've got a toy organizer that didn't work in your car sitting in your garage for Joel, or left over diapers from when your baby was small for Ruezy .... those are all on the wish lists. .... And while we don't believe in Santa around here ... we firmly believe that God will supply those things on their lists that they truly need, and often he provides things that just make them smile ... Don't we as parents like to give gifts to our children just to see them smile?

And if anyone else wants to whisper items, I'll take those off too.


And just for the record, Tim and I are not able to buy Christmas this year, I'll be scaling the Christmas card way back even - and I've always loved doing those.  It's been a tough year for my family, not just the 6 of us, but my sister's and all too.  Blessings aplenty, always God has met our needs, we've never gone hungry or without clothes or shoes, never had anything huge happen to our home or car.  So we are not begging here .... but I'm not going to say we're all fine and dandy either and go run up credit cards to pretend that we are doing fine.   After our accident last year and the death of our mom earlier that year, the whole Christmas season was kind of surreal and honestly, I don't remember it.  I look at pictures and I know it happened - but it's like I'm looking at somebody else's pictures.   Don't worry - I'm fine - it's just the way my brain deals with things.

Best Christmas gift any of us could possibly receive is a job for Tim - one that he smiles to go to.   Please keep us in your prayers.

And may God bless you all during this Christmas Season as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour ....  Because Isn't THAT what it's really all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...