Sunday, December 14, 2008

Big Surprise .... WOW.

In spite of Vannan running a fever (she stayed at Karen's house), I let everyone talk me into attending the AWANA Potluck for the leaders today.

The food was pretty good - chicken and nice salad. Joel LOVED the green beans and popcorn chicken. I even got him to try the 2 different kinds of potato salad. But he liked the cookies and doughnuts the best - all 3 of them.

I think his favorite part was "holding" Miya. He loved the fact that her fingers were so small and she had no teeth. I'll have to get the picture from Tim before I can post it.

Then - oh my - they bring out this large laundry basket FULL of all kinds of goodies. I almost cried and was so speachless. WOW. I mean ... WOW.

A whole turkey. Two kinds of apples - now Kendra can make a fresh apple cake for Christmas just like she has the last couple of years. Bananas and oranges (which are already half gone after everybody had just one). WOW. Rice, Rolls, Potatoes (Sweet and Baking), and lots of cans. Kenda got excited over the Gravy mix. Joel is begging for the applesauce packets. But I think I'll save those as extra's in his day bag for outings. He's not had things like that in a LONG time - and I do have a large jar of applesauce in the fridge for home.

When I took the picture - I had already put the turkey in the freezer. Amazing. WOW. And suddenly Christmas dinner sounds a little less bleak. We'll stretch what is in there over nearly a week ... I hope .... except for the Bananas and Oranges. I doubt they last too many days.

God does provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...