Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Long Week - And Updates

I don't know when the last time I updated with a "letter" format.

Highlights - I actually got OUT of the house last weekend helping Dad shop for Marriana and Esther's birthday party.  We did take the little ones with us the first trip, and they had fun.

Sunday, we did the party at the park.  It went well, enough food for all.  The girls liked their presents.  And the cakes were great.  Esther's mom made them.  But no nap for me. 

Monday, Ruth came up for a while to clean some areas out for Dad and Rhoda's computer was hit by a virus that mimics your virus protection.

Tuesday, Preschool - tired kids - and the same virus tried to attack me.

Wednesday was a bit easier.  Tim's computer hard drive crashed, so he took Marriana to Longview with him so Rhoda could pick her up for AWANA - while he worked in Steve's shop on his computer.  Oh yeah, I've been trying to go for a "walk" each morning, the plan is to be outside by 8:30, but I've been making it around 9:00 or so... this morning we were late - and got to talk to the trash men when they got the trash.  The boys LOVED it.

Thursday, Joel nearly got attacked by a big dog on our morning walk (or was that Wednesday?).  I'm still shaking from that - nerves completely raw.  The rest of the kids had already turned and were mostly back to me when it came charging out of its yard.  Preschool later and I've forgotten the rest of the day.  I know the car is acting up again.  And Rhoda cut my hair.

Friday was stressful.  I didn't sleep well between a mild cold and allergies and just couldn't get comfortable.  It turned into a pretty bad day by the end.

I'm sure we did Saturday yesterday?  I've been in such a frenzied fog. 

Today, Tim said I needed a break.  He left me home, and everyone else went to church.  Afterwards, Kendra went for sewing lessons, Vannan went to Grandma's to work on her Family Tree, and Tim and Joel went to our friend Steve's house to work on the old laptop Dad is going to let the girls use for schoolwork.  We've got to find some low USB keys - under 512MB to use with it so they can run files home to print them when they need to.

Tim is still job hunting.  But is now working at setting up some kind of business from home. 

I'm 36 weeks today.  But tired and very stressed trying to get so much done and finding I'm failing at much of it.  I've always been the type to worry about not doing what is expected or letting somebody down - I've been trying hard to keep everybody else happy and do everything I can of what Mom use to do - and still do everything I was doing before.  The girls are a big help, I'm hoping to be able to do more after LaRue is born.

Kendra got quite a bit of schoolwork done this week - but needs time to do more.  It works very well for her to be next door - as she has fewer items to distract her.  But still there are distractions - I have to have her get down the puzzles and clay and things for Joel and Marriana's school and help put it back, and she is Marriana's partner.  She's been enjoying time on the computer and I even let her start a little cyber garden.  If she's careful, it will only take her 5 - 10 minutes a day to keep up, and it's a bit of fun for her to look forward to.  And teaches some math and planning skills. 

Vannan has been easily distracted of late - she's only got items on her school list that she's been avoiding.  But as she's been doing them, she's found that they aren't really all that hard.  She's really struggling with her Math - not that it's hard or she doesn't understand it - she just is slow and doesn't want to think that hard.   I think her dylexia may be part of her reluctance - it was for me.   She's still making plans for rabbits - but needs some help getting all the cages ready.  Ruth is going to take her rabbit hunting in Canton one of the First Monday's.   She does most of the chores and cleaning at Dad's house.  And sleeps next door with Marriana every night.  That way Dad can leave for work and I'll get them up half an hour to an hour later.

Joel is loving school.  He is very good at matching words and all the pre-reading stuff.  He loves math.  He loves everything except the writing part - although his letter formation is getting quite good.  He has a "reader" and reads a story each week.  He can sight read about a dozen or 2 dozen words.  And can tell the difference between Marriana and Matthew when he sees it.  His chores these days are taking out the trash (the walmart bags on the chair in the kitchen and the small ones around the house - it's Vannan's job to make sure the Wal-mart bags are replaced), feeding the dog, and cleaning up after himself for baths and play time.  He also likes to sweep next door with Vannan and help with lunches.  Joel is Vannan's partner.

Marriana is a watcher - she observes and imitates everything she sees.  This week we've had to deal with QTips in ears - I just wish I knew where she was getting them from!   She loves the 2 dolls she got for her birthday.  The dishes fit nicely into her backpack and she feeds them a lot.  I found a basket for her to put her dolly in for a bed.  She also loves matching her beads to the colored pipe cleaners.  She loved AWANA and is eagerly learning her verses.  I'm planning to start doing an 8 - 9 Bible time with her and Joel this week or next week .. and considering waiting until LaRue arrives.  We've been going through her clothes to find what she has outgrown - she was in 18 months in February - and now is outgrowing a 2T and into 3Ts.

Hmmm... anything else?

The garden is still giving us peppers and tomatoes - and we have a few cantelope that look like they'll produce.  I would love to put in some fall lettuce - but I don't have the energy to get in there and oversee pulling out the cucumbers and squash that is mostly dead.  We didn't get much from any of that.  I'm planning to bring the goats up in 6 weeks or so and leaving them in that area for a week or so to eat everything down and hope it will produce a better garden next year.  Dad and I have talked about how to keep the weeds more at bay - they grow so fast the girls can't keep up with them - even in such a small space.

Prayer Requests: 
a car for us - 8 seats at least,
furnace needs fixed still and nights are getting cooler,
Vannan has been really down lately, she's the type personality that feels responsible for everybody and everything, and takes it personally if anything goes wrong - she is excited about LaRue coming though, Kendra has been far more distractable lately,
Tim a job opportunity,
and a noneventful birth for LaRue.
And school for the girls.

I'm sure there are others - like my nerves.  I do fine as long as nobody rocks my boat or changes my schedule without warning.  But I'm having a hard time dealing with inturruptions and surprise demands on my time and energy - and I'm not sleeping much.

The only thing LaRue still needs (other than a place to put her car seat in a vehicle) is the stuff you go through - diapers, wipes, that kind of stuff.   I would like a swaddler like the Miracle Blanket - but I do know how to swaddle in receiving blankets and I'll be using my sling a lot.  She's been well provided for overall.  My sister still has a box of dresses for me to go through ... I just have to get to her.   (I feel like a bunjii cord on maximum stretch these days).   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...