Sunday, November 11, 2012

Family Update - Nov. 10, 2012

Friends and Family,

Hoping everyone is doing well ... really ... we love hearing from YOU!  But the only ones we see are on Facebook!

I am hoping to get our Christmas cards done over the next 3 weeks ... especially so everyone has our new address.  Email me if I don't have you're correct address - which is HIGHLY likely with as disorganized as I am this year!  Yikes!

Each year I comment, "I can't believe how fast Christmas has come around again.  I'm more disorganized this year than ever in my life.  I'm not looking forward to any of it."  And each year seems to get worse and harder and less "settled".  Each year, I look at my children in shock ... how did they get so old?  When did I blink and miss out?  And that is with them home and highly involved with them every day!

And yet - somehow, every year, God has blessed us beyond what we could ever expect.

I LOVE to have some ideas when making or buying gifts for others.  Even if I know you VERY well, I'm not one of those that is good at gift buying ... I frequently miss.  That is why I do up the Wish Lists for the kids every year ... not to beg for gifts from everyone ... but so that the handful of friends and relations that do want to get something for the kids - have some kind of clues to work with.   I know we have many gifts that I love, and can't bare to part with because they are nice and all ... but I've been at a loss as to what to do with the gift for years.  Don't you have gifts like that too?  Sometimes I think I'm just a bit weird ... for not knowing what to do with perfectly wonderful gifts ... sitting in rubbermaid and steralite containers in storage.

But that is neither here nor there ... IF you are among my gift recipients - I LOVE  clues for gifts. This year - I'm still at a loss as to what to make for others.  Local's might get food or acts of service cards ... and my sisters will get some MP3's from our OLD record/cassette collection.

If you missed our Wishes ... click here ....  http://weshallmountupwithwings.blogspot.com/2012/11/dear-santa-2012-larue-and-joel.html
http://weshallmountupwithwings.blogspot.com/2012/11/dear-santa-2012-vannan-and-kendra.html

How are things otherwise ....  well, as always, I'll give the rosey glasses version.

Tim is reffing.  But to me, I don't think he's had as many games as he did last year.  Though, maybe I'm just busier and not noticed him being gone as much as the past.  We've had some unexpected expenses lately as well .... on the "good side" is that he's getting more nibbles - but still no bites.   He tries hard to be optimistic.   He is highly involved in both political and religious circles and studies, so he's keeping himself busy.   He is also blogging a bit more than he use to, and he is still doing the Sunday night radio show and on the Sunday Night sermons rotations.

Kendra is working hard on her next book, "Do You Take This Quest".  She is looking for a few English savvy editors who have already read her first book.   Otherwise, we are trying hard to get our home back under control so we have time to devote to school.   She has a list of books (text books and reading only books) that she has to finish for High School, and she works on Kahn's Academy almost every day.

Vannan has been fighting asthma, and has spent the last week at Grandma's house - and Grandpa - they go together.  Anyway ....   She hasn't been able to get to WR for several weeks, and is missing it greatly.   She is excited to be returning home tomorrow.  On the plus side, she got a LOT of Christmas projects worked on as well as a lot of school work caught up.

Joel is beginning to settle back into a school routine.  While we have always stopped for Thanksgiving through the New Year for a break (instead of the summer), because we were unable to start school until October, and didn't continue through the summer - we will be totally skipping Christmas Break.  We will take a week off for Christmas - then be right back at school.

LaRue is at loose ends for a while yet.  We are struggling to settle into our new routines.  Exhaustion has crept in and we just can't seem to shake it.  I'm hoping to get a better handle on her coming and going over the next few weeks.   On the other hand, she is suddenly becoming quite outgoing and friendly with those around her.   She had a Great Third birthday party ... and is quite happily planning her 4th birthday already so she can have another cake.

Aunt V arrived the end of October.   We've had to all do a lot of adjusting to our new routines and schedules.  But overall, I THINK we are all settling into our new roles and expectations alright.   I certainly am trying my best - and I know everyone else is as well.  Just pray for the unpacking and settling in - I know I'm always overwhelmed by those aspects of moving - and even after 12 years ... I still miss my mountains.   The nieces and nephew's are "over the moon" enchanted with Auntie V, and I know she is delighted with her new role as "lover on the nieces and nephews" and "supporter of a Godly education reinforcer".


Rhoda is working hard to make a go of her DoTerra business - http://healingforlifewithoils.blogspot.com/  ... she has a real burden to help others live healthy and repair damage to their bodies.    Vannan loves the products - says they work so much better with her asthma without the endless headaches and agitation that albuteral gives her.   She puts stories of the kids and such on her blog - and sometimes pictures of the kids.


Ruth and Paul are doing Leadership Training classes.  They are hugely excited about it.   The girls are doing very well.

Mamaw and Papaw will be celebrating another anniversary this year.  Mamaw is doing so much better (health wise) in the nursing home.

Papa and Meme are doing good - Papa has some side work that keeps him busy.

Aunt C and Uncle T have an interesting prospect on their table - pray for God's will and wisdom as they are making decisions this week.

Cousin K is job hunting.  Prayers for him.

Grandpa is terrorizing the countryside - running races, fishing, and buying out estate sales.  (ok ... enjoying his retirement is more accurate).  Grandma is trying to keep up with her self appointed tasks and Grandpa.  I know they really are totally enjoying themselves.

Just now, things seem calm .... we don't know what our future holds ... but we know who holds our future - and no matter how bad things continue to get ... God is in control, and as long as we trust him to hold us up, He won't let us down.  As the 3 men in the furnace told their king (paraphased), "Even if he chooses to not save us, we will still serve Him and NOT the false gods of the land or men who set them up."  Daniel 3  ...  and Acts 5:29 "We ought to obey God rather than man."


One more prayer request ... finding the clicker to our TV.  Without the clicker - it is worthless to us, as we cannot figure out how to get it to communicate with our VCR.  Everything was working pretty good while it was hooked up downstairs ... and we did have the clicker.  But somewhere in the moving around, the wrong clicker was placed with the correct ones up on the shelf, and over the 4 months it took us to get everything settled and hooked back up, it has "gone missing".   It is entirely possible that I donated the clicker to Goodwill - as my mom collected them and you know we've been decluttering in anticipation of Aunt V's arrival.  ....  So we either need the TV working enough to play our VCR and DVD collection - or a new TV (or another second hand one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...