Monday, March 30, 2009

Patterns and Counting Cats

Joel was showing a knack for patterns - so I thought I would check to see just how far he could go.

Since I can only put 4 pictures in a post, I'll spread this over several.


Back when Kendra was a small fry and learning counting, colors, and patterns, Grammy Rue bought her a set of counting cats.

After Vannan graduated from needing them, we returned them to Grammy Rue, so I was pleased to spot a nice little jar of them last week in her office.

I started Joel off with a very easy pattern. He kept it up until his cats fell off of the stool.




So we tried something a little harder. He really concentrated HARD - and loved every minute of it.



He counted and repeated the sequence over and over - made a few mistakes and corrected them all by himself.



In the end, he was quite pleased.



We kept this up for nearly an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...