Monday, December 9, 2013

Prayer Requests: Important Family Update

This is just going to be a very quick and vague post ... as we are not suppose to give details.   I'll post the full story after the new year. Update here =  http://weshallmountupwithwings.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-newsletter-and-updates.html


Our lawyers have decided to take the case, for our wreck 4 years ago, to court.

The jury will be selected December 9.

The trial is expected to last for 4 - 10 days.

Pray for the adults who have to watch the kids, as well as the older girls when this job falls on them.  Two of the adults are older Grandmas.  There are 10 young kids involved (and 2 of those are special needs who could be without their primary care takers).  At present, I am unsure who will be available on any given day.

Pray for those who will be testifying.  Personally, I'll be terrified.  I'm naturally a very shy introvert and I don't handle public situations well.  KC is also quite unsure of this.

Pray for the jury - I'm sure they will not be happy about having to spend 1 - 2 weeks in court during the Christmas season.

Pray for my health, as I will not be able to use any of my coping methods for keeping stress manageable or my high blood pressure at acceptable levels (most cause me to take frequent trips to the bathroom, and bathroom access will be severely curtailed), nor will I be able to drink plenty of fluids which keeps my heart burn and stiff joints from hurting so much.

Pray for Vannan and Kendra as they try to balance this and the extremely high stress at their job.  Especially for Vannan who is being scheduled for roughly twice the number of hours that she can manage.  Pray for that whole situation as well.  I'll tell more about it later.  The girls are going to try to stick it out until the end of January.  Pray for insight into how to help Vannan - or other alternatives.

Also pray for Vannan as we try to get her back to being able to volunteer at the horse therapy place.

And pray for the kids who will be loosing most of their fun days of Christmas activities as the adults are just trying to keep minimums above board and will be completely off of their normal daily routines.  Our normal run of making Christmas presents, Christmas cards, decorating and putting up a tree, making cookies and maybe a gingerbread house, wrapping gifts.... and all other such stuff.   They will get plenty of Christmas Movie time in though, as we have a pretty good collection.

If you think of any area I forgot to mention ... pray for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...