Sunday, April 18, 2010

Making snails


This is 6 of the 9 children I teach for Jr. Church.
Although this was unusual to have 9 all at once.
And our Esther is usually the only girl!
They range from Esther and Mateo at 2 all the way to Mason in 2nd grade.

Our lessons was about "Waiting for God" ... having patience.

Sarah and Hagar and baby Ishmael.

So we made snails ... instead of puppets ... April 18.

First I got small paper plates - these were Styrofoam and didn't work as well for coloring with markers.
The example I saw had a craft stick (popcicle stick) glued to the outside.
Instead, I cut small slits in the plate in 2 spots and slid the stick inside.

It was easy and fun.

The camera was forgotten in the car, so all I got was cell phone pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...