Friday, June 10, 2011

Grandma Had a Stroke

On Monday morning, my aunt found my Grandma in the bathroom.  She had had a stroke sometime during the morning hours.

My Dad called and talked to her - she was having trouble with mobility, but seemed to be in full control of her thoughts and was able to communicate.

Later, Dad called again, and Grandma was no longer talking after a nap.

Grandma refused to go to the hospital (I probably would too) so my aunt called some friends from a hospice she use to volunteer with some time back.  They helped her out with a hospital bed and advice and some other things.

Grandma continues to slip away from us - she is so close to her 90th birthday - we really thought she would be here through the summer to celebrate.  Many had planned trips to see her during the summer, including my Dad.

We know without a doubt that she is looking forward to heaven and her Savior.  She is a great prayer warrior, and has a steadfast faith.  We know where her hope lies.

Still, it is sad for those of us being left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...