Wednesday, May 26, 2010

AWANA Grand Prix - May 1



Joel had the red race car #12.

He picked out the car, and Kendra did most of the painting.

His car never finished a race
somebody messed with the wheels (Joel?)
and they were not turning well.



This is Vannan's car.
She copied a car that Papa had on his display shelf.

She reasoned,
To win anything her car needed a sponser.

She got 1st place in Design for Race Car division.

BUT

when they put the extra weights on
a whole ounce of weight -
somebody put them on as headlights
(not Vannan)
and if you know anything about physics
You know that if you weight the nose
the hind end comes up.

So it finished 6th overall.

Her car improved it's speed when one of the headlights fell off.



Getting the track ready for the races.



This one was Shianne's.
It was 1st place for speed in the Sparks and Down division.

When raced against the winner of the TnT and older division,
it came in first again.

So the SCHOOL BUS
was the fastest car.

It also won 1ST place in the REAL CAR division.

Go figure.
Joel says, "Next year, I'm having a BUS."

I told him, "Next year - I'm not doing this!"
I keep saying that.
Maybe this time I mean it?
Or maybe they will all talk me back into it again.

I'm not much of one for competition of this sort
it's too unfair
like Joel's wheels getting stuck
or some adult on the pit crew putting the weight on the nose of the car

or one year, I watched several winning cars suddenly stop racing well
because one of the little ones kept wondering over to play with the cars.

So I stayed home.
It was very peaceful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...