Sunday, February 28, 2010

Christian Crafts Children, Preschool Crafts, Printable Crafts, Bible Crafts

Christian Crafts Children, Preschool Crafts, Printable Crafts, Bible Crafts


I stumbled onto this website while looking for a page of lambs. I do Jr. Church at our church on Sunday mornings - and I'm determined that these kids will not just have a play time to skip church, but a church lesson where they can interact and ask questions.

We just started a unit on Abraham - planning (hoping) to make lapbooks. We started a folder for them last week.

This week, I forgot to get the lambs ready for the story on Lot and Abraham - family quarrels. And we had a LOT of kids today - though at least 5 either stayed in the nursery or with their mom's. I have 1 girl and the rest are bouncy boys. I'm beginning to enjoy the high energy and unpredictableness of boys. So I improvised and did a lesson on Abraham Goes to Egypt. I often get good questions from the older boys - "Is this when they had the plaques? .... Ummmm... Plagues ... oh, no, this was MUCH earlier.) The gist of the story was that Abram didn't trust God to take care of him, and LIED to Pharaoh, but God still fixed things so that Abraham survived the drought.

We used upside down hand prints cut out of construction paper and glued cotton to the palms of the hands. The fingers were the legs, and the thumb was the head. Totally cute and I didn't take a single picture.

BUT

I still need a page of lambs/sheep.... for next week now.

My thought is to have a page of 12 lambs that can be cut apart into a pile of cards. The kids can then use these cards to practice dividing into 2 or 3 groups. I plan 12 cards for the littler ones, and 24 for my K's and 1st graders. Each card would have 1 lamb on it. and there would be 12 lambs on each 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.

Do you know where I can find a page like this? Or could somebody draw me a page like this and email it to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...