Friday, June 12, 2009

AWANA Awards - Cubbies



I'm attempting to post this for the 3rd time. I'm having a lot of trouble with the internet connection - but seems to like me today!

These are my Cubbies. A very interesting group because most of these kids are more or less cousins and spend huge amounts of time together - and I Preschool 4 of them!

Xavier, Shianne, Alyssa, Joel, and Matthew

Alyssa turned 5 right after the school cut off deadline - so she gets to do Sparks next year.
My next oldest was Shianne, who turned 4 after Christmas.
Matthew turned 4 in April.
Joel is 4 today.
And Xavier turns 4 in another month.

And me - you can see how big I'm getting with Baby LaRue.




On the last day of Cubbies, we were fixing up their little bags, and each one wanted a different color. So they each have their chosen color.



And I got a 22 year pin.
I've actually been doing AWANA since I was 15, but missed a few years with moving and having babies.

Sometimes it is amazing to realize all of the changes that I've seen at Awana over the last 26 years.
I remember when Cubbies was the newest program.
.... when Chums and Guards and Pals and Pioneers were 3 year programs each.
.... when Jr. Varsity didn't exsist and the debates when they introduced it for Jr. High.
... when NIV books were introduced.
....when Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana - all were one area chunk under the same AWANA missionary.
.... when there were no AWANA's in our area. Now there are over 20 in our city.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Hi Rachel,
    What great pictures and how neat that you've been in Awana for 22 years! I work at Awana headquarters and would love to hear more of your experience with Awana. I write stories for the Awana Web site and it sounds like you have a very interesting story! Feel free to contact me anytime at kima@awana.org and perhaps we can set up a time to talk. Blessings!
    Kim Anderson

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...